2014年8月19日 星期二

[美國] Austin Musts: Bat Watching

        Have you ever thought of seeing numerous bats flying out from under the bridge at dusk? Well, to me this concept seemed quite awkward at first since I haven't seen a real bat before. Still, bat watching is kind of a must in Austin, so after a nice dinner in CoCo Cafe, which is a Taiwanese restaurant and has bubble milk tea, my friends and I set off for bat watching.



        There is some information about bat watching here. Generally, the bats appear around 20:00 just before sunset. When we arrived at the bridge, it started to rain heavily. We were quite surprised since Austin is a dry place and I haven't seen rain since I arrived. Luckily, the rain stopped in a few minutes and we waited down the bridge to see the bats. Some people prefer to be on the bridge to see bats fly from under you. Others take ferries and wait on the Town's Lake.


        Just before 20:00, the bats came out and there are really thousands of them! We stood in a place that has a distance so they appear as little black dots on the picture. Still, I heard the bats make noise and the queak queak sound they make reminded me of the plastic ducks you see in night markets in Taiwan. Despite that some might think bat watching is quite odd, it is definitely something you don't want to miss in Austin.

沒有留言:

張貼留言